Create a Feature or Map Service Layer
This article explains how to create a Feature or Map Service Layer.
First you will need to Create a Layer.
Note: If you are unsure of the layer type, look at the GIS Service URL. If it ends with "..FeatureServer/<id>", then it is a Feature Service. If it ends with "../MapServer", then it is a Map Service.
- Enter your Service URL.
- Turn Secured GIS Service to ON.
- Click Test.If you have connected successfully a green dialog box will appear.
- Then click Save & Continue.
- This is if you want to set a Reference Field. This is an optional field and not required to create the layer. Select the field that your users will see to identify the GIS feature. For a "Construction Site" layer you would like choose the "Project Name" field. For a "Manhole" layer you would like choose the "Manhole ID" field.
- In this case because this is an Outfall layer, I’m going to select “Outfall ID”.
- Then click Save.
You have now created a Feature or Map Service Layer!